[fpc-devel] Type helpers in delphi mode

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:02:53 CET 2013

In the latest trunk of fpc are their any plans to allow for type helpers
and {$mode delphi}?

I ask this because I want to mix in a single unit both the delphi style
generics and type helpers and it seems that this is currently not supported.

Also, is there a single online 'living' reference everyone is maintaining
to describe both old and new languages features in the current build? I get
the feeling that maybe I have missed some improvements to fpc language
feature and can only discover them by searching through the archives of
this mailing list.

If not, would it be possible to get everyone on the same page and make this
happen? For example, by implementing a policy forcing people to update a
current version of fpc wiki before accepting language changing features.