[fpc-devel] Strange behaviour with Synapse

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 18 11:43:24 CET 2013

On 03/16/2013 07:55 PM, Ludo Brands wrote:
> Well it can always cause a problem because FHttp.Clear clears the
> Header and Document. If that happens while you are executing the HEAD,
> strange results can happen.
In fact a a very recent project my problem was that I misread the
Synapse Docu and assumed that with a new HTTPMethod() call the send
buffer ("document") would be clear. But on the contrary the send buffer
is filled with the latest received document. This in fact leads to
programs that mostly work but are due to very peculiar problems, as the
target  HTTPserver might overrun and timeout ow whatever when bombed
with huge request frames.

I don't think this is very hand, but I asked the software creators and
it's a feature not a bug.

Thus before using HTTPMethod() of an instance of THTTPSend a second
time, you to always need to clear the document buffer before.

-Michael