[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 15:54:57 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Pascal is declarative,
Please... no, Pascal is not declarative, and we have establised that
fact just about two weeks ago.

>not functional.
>Trying to import elements from the second into the first is misguided.
Pascal is also procedural, not object-oriented.
<sarcasm>
Trying to import this new and weird "object" into a nice procedural language
is misguided, stupid, and people proposing that should be banned
forever from Pascal comminity...
</sarcasm>

> There is of course no *technical* reason why you cannot do this.
> But you must have some regard for the basic properties and design principles of Pascal.
"Basic properties" is a very general notion.
I suggest specific extensions with their associated costs and benefits --
please let's discuss those. What specific disadvantages will, in your opinion,
result from implementing this proposal?

> you have no place in a pascal community
That was not nice.

> I play chess. The rules of chess have not evolved in a long time.
> It doesn't make the game less popular or interesting to those that play it.
Yes, actually it does exactly that.

With enthusiasm. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_variant

--
Alexander S. Klenin