[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 3 13:21:29 CET 2013

On 03.03.2013 12:26, Vasiliy Kevroletin wrote:

>> Maybe specifying how a variable should be captured would be a solution
>> that can satisfy both worlds...
>
> Good.
>
> This will also help to split implementation.
> 1. Implement Sven's proposal. Anonymous functions which can capture
> local variables only by value.
> 2. Create Delphi-compatible capturing by reference.
> 3. Discuss and implement short lambdas syntax.

Yes, this can be seen as a plan. We also need to think about a
approbiate syntax for 1 before this step can be done. And I'd also like
to know what other core devs think about this. I myself would support
this though.

And I'll also ask Blaise whether he can commit the missing code so that
you could in principal use his work as a base.

Regards,
Sven