[fpc-devel] assumed bug in the RTL with ARM v5 regarding loading dynamic libraries

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Wed Jan 23 10:34:01 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 10:20 +0100, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  [topic is about a compilation problem specific to qnap ARM/linux based
> NASes using the heavily modded stock OS]
>
> On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 09:33 +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> > This can be resolved by
> > {$I crti.o}
> > and copying crti.o from /lib in my system to the project directory.
> > crti.o supposedly came with the libc-devel package that had been
> > fetched when installing gcc.
>
>   when you install libc-dev using ipkg on qnap (or install anything
> using ipkg), *everything* is installed into the /opt subdirectory.

That may be different in your ipkg installation - your firmware is
likely different/newer. Still, there should be no need to directly link
to crti.o.

Try searching for a different lib directory, preferably in the directory
where ipkg/optware installs its stuff.

Otherwise I cannot help any further. It's definitely an issue with a
wrong linker resources.

Thomas