[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 21 13:22:23 CET 2013

On 01/17/2013 10:01 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:

>  a) cross compile using FPC and just run it (debugging via code
> instrumentation)
>  b) install fpc on the Target and compile and just run it (debugging
> via code instrumentation)
>  c) cross compile and remote debug using Lazarus
>  d) install Lazarus and FPC on the Target, compile and debug.
>
>  e) cross compile using FPC and remote debug with the command line gdb
> via ssh - gdb-stub - gdb - link (in case Lazarus does not decently
> support remote debugging)
>   f) install fpc on the Target and compile and debug with the command
> line gdb locally, using an ssh terminal log-in.

g)

Seemingly everybody forgot about fp, which AFAIK has a very decent TUI
(Text based user interface) and can work locally with gdb on a system
that does not offer a GUI.

I never used it, but years ago I use Borland/Turbo Pascal for rather
simple stuff, and colleagues of mine create very complex programs with
same.

I suppose fp can be used nicely on a headless ARM device via telnet or ssh.

-Michael