[fpc-devel] Install FPC and GUI on a headless non debian ARM device ["embedded" again]

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 21 11:42:16 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 10:12 AM, Anton Kavalenka wrote:

> X-libs and gtk2 libs installed.
This is what I did suppose.

> This is the list of debian packages typical Lazarus-built Linux GUI
> application depends.
> It is useful in sense - what to download from public repositories. The
> name of packages contain project name.
Unfortunately the Linux distribution does not not support Debian
(apt-get) packages, but only QNS ".qpkg" and Optware ".ipkg" packages.
I'll take a look if something like "X-lib" and "gtk2" is provided by
Optware. I already have been able to install fpc by manually
downloading, extracting and "distributing" the Debian fpc package. But
with the count of packages you list in your message, this does not make
much sense. Especially it might be very tedious to find out all the
dependencies.

> Btw what says ldd for your cross-compiled binary at your target system?
I did not yet try to cross-compile anything, but I happily did install fpc.

> Is it so painful to run at your headless system GDB server - and at
> client - full Lazarus connected to that GDB?
I don't know. This in fact is what I initially suggested (as I do
similar "embedded" remote-gdb debugging using a Target PCB connected via
a JTAG adapter and Eclipse on the PC), but in fact remote gdb does not
seem not to be very "officially" supported by Lazarus.

> But in both cases Xlibs and gtk2 libs have to be installed at target
> system.
Not if the target project does not have a GUI. (This in fact is what I
intend to do.)

Thanks a lot,
-Michael