[fpc-devel] Feature announcement: Type helpers

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Feb 6 11:52:27 CET 2013

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
>>> Well, newbies are not to strong in knowing what is which unit either :-)
>>
>> If we're talking newbies and IDE:
>>
>> They don't need to, if the IDE puts the unit in the uses clause to start with...
>
> That's completely new functionality. Afaik most unit adding of IDEs is
> hardcoded?.

I know.
The codetools need to recognize type helpers in the first place.

Then we can start thinking about changing the default unit uses clause.
For instance in the package lazarusforeducation or so.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out which advantages I see (or do not see) in type helpers.

By themselves, I think they are worthless.

Michael.