[fpc-devel] BBB / PRUS / M3 and fpc

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Tue Dec 3 14:40:45 CET 2013

On Dec 3, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Allowing that most users seem to be happy to use Parallax's
> proprietary tools, and that the assembler is very much geared to
> supporting their BASIC-like high-level language, and that the memory
> provision is fairly meager, it might be more trouble than it's worth.
>
> Isn't there a new chip in the offing with more RAM space etc?

Indeed there is.  The propeller 2 is well along in it's design, and as
far as I know, could even be in preproduction, though I've not been
watching the forums lately, so don't know where it's at in the cycle.
The new version is supposed to have much more ram, and be considerably
faster.  It's the propeller 2 which I was actually wanting the fpc
port for anyhow, since that's why they ported gcc in the first place.
I'm not the least bit enthused with any of the proposed tools for prop
2 development, and wanted to get in on the ground floor with something
more usable if possible.
I think adding fpc to the list of compilers supported by prop2 would
be fantastic.