[fpc-devel] Compiling for libgdb, and using make -j on larger SPARC systems

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 26 13:41:34 CEST 2013

Am 26.08.2013 11:55, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>>> It would help more if you'd be able to reduce the problem from
>>> "compile IDE with libgdb" to "compile this simple unit/program".
>>> Thus could you please try to reduce the ide/fpregs.pp unit (which
>>> contains the suspicious TVectorRegs record) so far that it can be
>>> compiled standalone (no further dependencies), but still triggers
>>> the exception?
>>
>> I'll be back.
>
> This isn't quite what you've asked, but I can duplicate it with a
> minimal program:

Well, at least it isn't *that* bad. You should now be able to just cycle
the compiler (cd compiler && make cycle) and then compile the test
program to check when things go wrong.
> I'm having problems reducing fpregs to a simple program, I'll post
> more details once I've been able to look at it on the machine I've
> moved onto for test purposes.

It will be interesting to see what minimal code will trigger the
problem. Maybe it will point to a more serious problem inside the compiler.

Regards,
Sven