[fpc-devel] Little feature teaser

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 3 23:31:31 CEST 2013

On 03.08.2013 22:50, Florian Klämpfl wrote:

>>> -Oopentium4 it is.
>>
>> Are you sure that you don't mean -Oppentium4? The compiler complains
>> with —Oopentium4. And it doesn't change anything (also with
>> -Ooloopunroll) :(
>
> There was indeed a mistake in optunroll.pas, -Oppentium4 -Ooloopunroll
> should work now.

Jupp, it indeed works now. Now the compiler would "just" need to detect
that the for loop is basically only using constants and evaluate that at
compile time... but that's a wish for another day ;)

And the open array case of course :P - though I did just take a look at
it and handling all strange cases of left sides of vecnodes which
contain an open array argument somewhere might be troublesome -.-

Regards,
Sven