[fpc-devel] Using Macros for IInterface

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 13:27:17 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-26 11:40, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> It means the interface will always be constref, and thus no ifdefing in FPC
> (if you don't support <2.6.0) will be necessary.

For fpGUI, I only support the latest stable release of FPC, so that
would be 2.6.0. So I should be fine with removing that IFDEF then.

> But users don't need to ifdef if they don't use compilers that
> don't support constref (FPC 2.4 series and delphi)

Umm, so here might be a problem. tiOPF is a shared code base between FPC
and Delphi. Does the compiler mode (we use mode delphi in tiOPF) not
affect the constref? After all, it seems Delphi doesn't have a constref
correct? So in mode delphi the IInterface should always be defined in a
Delphi compatible manner?

Or would this mean that in fpGUI my IInterface usage can always be
constref - because fpGUI only supports FPC and only v2.6.0.

And in tiOPF the IInterface usage can always be const, because Delphi
doesn't support constref, and we use mode delphi?

Regards,
   - Graeme -