SV: [fpc-devel] fpc on AVR32

Michel Catudal mcatudal at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 05:23:50 CEST 2012

Le 13/09/2012 15:38, Jeppe Græsdal Johansen a écrit :
> I have made a preliminary backend and RTL stub in branches/laksen/avr32new/
>
> Some of the large problems is that the load instructions allow non-aligned loads in the ld.w forms. This proves to introduce many strange problems, and I don't have any debug equipment.
>
> Regards, Jeppe

I bought JTAGICE mkII, it works nicely with Scientific Linux 6.2. The binaries from Fedora 12 and 13 work with Scientifc Linux.
I will have no problem with debugging AVR32 code. What I find with AVR32 is that it makes nice compact code.

I have written code for a cluster with a Micronas (ARM7TDMI) and AVR32UC3C 144 pins and found a major reduction in code size and code is a lot faster.
That is running at the same speed. I run both at 48Mhz.

I will look at your code, nice to know that I don't have to start from scratch. I don't really like eclipse, do you know if anyone is working on a plugin for codeblocks?
I will have to learn the AVR32 assembler. I have coded automotive applications with the 100 pins and 144 pins devices AVR32UC3C but only in C with IAR. I have a very good knowledge of the processors. I wrote a lot of assembler with the AVR8 but never with
the AVR32.
At home I use gcc with eclipse since it is the only thing right now.

Just so you know, I started with microprocessors in the early 70s, thus not a newbie with microprocessors.

I will keep you posted of my progress.

Michel

--
For OS/2 and Linux Software visit