[fpc-devel] Getting 2.6.1 from svn

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 13:45:14 CEST 2012

Marco van de Voort wrote:

>> Is there a specific revision number that is known to be OK for this? I'm
>> trying to do notes for somebody off-list, and there's a code-generation
>> patch in 2.6.1 that's needed for SPARC.
>
> Mattias already answered that. The last two days 100+ revs were merged,
> mostly fpdoc related though, but also fcl-web and fcl-image.
>
> fcl-db is on schedule for the next time I have time (probably the weekend)

Unfortunately I still get the same problem with a freshly-downloaded
fpcbuild.zip (2.6 + fixes) and Lazarus 1.0 from svn. Working on x86 Linux.

 >> Compiling intfgraphics.pas
 >> intfgraphics.pas(634,49) Error: Identifier not found "TTiffIDF"
 >> intfgraphics.pas(634,15) Warning: An inherited method is hidden by
"TLazReaderTiff.DoCreateImage(<erroneous type>);"
 >> intfgraphics.pas(737,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module,
stopping
 >> Fatal: Compilation aborted

It sounds as though the best course would be if I waited a couple of
days for the dust to settle.

The object of the exercise is to try to get a few lines related to
Lazarus 1.0 at the bottom of
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Solaris since Lazarus/FPC
has been mentioned elsewhere as a good development environment for Solaris.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk