[fpc-devel] fp IDE and gdbint on Debian Wheezy/testing

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 18:46:54 CET 2012

Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> First I added -Fl/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu to the fpc.cfg. But for building fpc that doesn't help, because of the -n parameter added by make all. So I did make all OPT="-Fl/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu". That works for trunk, but not for fixes_2_6 because OPT is not passed when building fpmake.pp in the packages/fastcgi dir.
>>

> I found out the cause of *my* problem. The ld provided by Ubuntu
> (version 2.22) was in /usr/bin. There was also an older version 2.21
> in /usr/local/bin which was actually chosen. Fixing that solved my
> problem.

Ouch. I started trying to look methodically at Wheezy on SPARC over the
weekend, and got bogged down in gdbint issues. I was going to revert to
an older OS for test purposes but have been overtaken by hardware
failures etc. Save me a kipper :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk