[fpc-devel] Breaking change in FPC 2.6.1

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 3 14:07:33 CEST 2012

In our previous episode, LacaK said:
> > Policy wise, I merge revisions for utils, packages and the higher level
> > units of RTL like sysutils and classes if they are a couple of weeks old
> > (3-4 weeks), but I usually leave big changes a bit longer.
> >
> ok it is answer to my question ;-)
> So we can expect backporting after approx. month

yes. Depending on time of course. Recently e.g. the mysqlconnection55 was in
the "difficult" category, since the makefile stuff has to be done totally
different for the fixes branch. Such things can take longer, since I usually
have to find a day to work on it with some calm days after to mob up
fall-out.

> > Since last weekend there is a notes system that allows me to add notes to
> > the revs in mergelogs. See r21037 on the database page, it has a red "notes"
> > attached to it. Clicking it will unfold it.
> >
> yes I noticed it ;-)
>
> Please add also red comment to *21009* that this revision DO NOT
> backport (it is "only" test), because I used there array constructor,
> which AFAIK is not implemented in 2.6 (so it will fail to compile)

Done. Note that clicking the revision (in bold) will fold out the affect
files.