[fpc-devel] Breaking change in FPC 2.6.1

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 15:26:26 CEST 2012

On 01.05.2012 15:19, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 May 2012 15:05:57 Sven Barth wrote:
>>> What do you suggest to avoid the warning?
>>
>> You can locally disable warnings by using the $warn directive (not
>> documented yet it seems, but available in 2.6.0).
>>
>> It looks like this:
>>
>> {$warn MSGID (on|off|error)}
>>
> Thanks, but I think this is much work for the MSEide+MSEgui users to switch
> the warning off before every use of TDataset.Bookmark and switch on again
> afterwards.

Only because it is normally used locally does not mean that you MUST use
it locally... you can put it at the top of your unit as well, but this
means that ALL deprecated messages will not be shown for that unit.

Alternatively you can also use the "-vmMSGID[,MSGID[,...]]" option which
allows you to mute a message on the command line (this option is
supported by Lazarus btw.).

In the particular case you'd pass -vm5066,5043 to the compiler to mute
both kinds of deprecated messages (of course this has the same drawback
as putting the $warn directive at the top of the unit).

There are no other possibilities to hide the message.

Regards,
Sven