[fpc-devel] passing options for the build process.

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Tue Mar 20 23:42:10 CET 2012

The buildfaq claims that OPT= will add parameters to every compiler
commandline. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to actually do that. The
options are added when building the compiler and RTL but it seems they
aren't added when building fpmake.

This is a problem for me as to successfully build fpmake on a multiarch
arm system I need to tell it where to find crti.o (it seems freepascal
can successfully build stuff linked against c libraries without finding
crti.o on some architectures but not others).

For now i've created a symlink at /usr/lib/crti.o to
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crti.o to make things work but i'd rather
not have to mess with my system in that way. Is there some way of
specifying options so that they actually get passed to ALL compiler
invocations in the build process?