[fpc-devel] register allocator seems to be using S20 for two things at the same time (related to armhf porting work)

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Tue Mar 20 02:58:59 CET 2012

> Okay, it is quite unlikely that the register allocator itself ignores
> such an interference, so you may be rigth it tries to spill but
> nothing happens.

Ok that wasn't the issue but you were right about not being the register
allocator.

Turns out the actual cause was a one character typo in armreg.dat (no I
didn't introduce it).

S30,$04,$06,$0F,s20,0,0

Should be

S30,$04,$06,$0F,s20,0,0

So it was assigning two different registers as it should but when it
came to actually write out the assembler file it wrote out s20 for both
of them.

The good news is that all test cases involving up to 15 parameters
(including the "14 singles one double" case I was discussing) are now
fixed :)
The bad news is that a number of testcases are still failing. Next on my
list is 16 singles.