[fpc-devel] Xlib and XCB: any plans?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Mar 4 18:42:15 CET 2012

I'm attempting to contribute to the CustomDrawn components project for
Lazarus.
One of the target platforms is X, and we may take advantage of the X and
Xlib units of fpc. However Xorg discourages the usage of Xlib for new
developments, and suggests the usage of XCB instead. What's the
situation of fpc in respect of XCB?
It would be frustrating to start from scratch with h2pas, to discover
that someone else has already done all what's required!

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)