[fpc-devel] Re: Class field reordering

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:28:33 CEST 2012

Am 22.07.2012 09:24 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:

> Martin schrieb:
>
>> On 21/07/2012 16:55, Ivanko B wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem now is that cracker classes can't be used in future anymore
>>>   because of the new class field ordering optimisation, so I dared to
ask.

>>> So, is it possible to design the new feature in such way that to have
>>> an option to proceed using cracker classes ?
>>>

>> But the whole discussion comes down to one other simple question.
Including the above, the whole discussion is about:

>>    Should FPC provide a way to access private fields from any other code?
>

> Like recent Delphi versions allow by extended RTTI? <shudder>

FPC will support extended RTTI sooner or later as well.

> Finally class helpers could solve the problem as well, the cleanest
solution IMO.

While they would be the cleanest solution they won't work as they can only
go as deep as (strict) protected (which I still not think was a good by
Borland as public/published should have been enough...)

Regards,
Sven