[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 03:40:14 CET 2012

Marco van de Voort schrieb:
> In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
>> The question you asked:
>>
>> "How is that related to documentation and the order of input files?"
>
> I've the feeling that Dodi assumes all references are fully qualified and
> not just the inter-package ones?

No. I'm familiar with parsers in theory and practice, but not with the
implementation details of the pparser and fpdoc.

I know about the use of unqualified names (and links) in source code,
and that these must be looked up in an declaration tree. Then I only can
assume that such a tree is built from the currently parsed source
module, but references to other unites (in "uses") are not implemented
properly. As you already pointed out, the search order depends on the
order of the units in the uses clause, while the parser currently seems
to use the order of fpdoc input files and imports? These (technical)
aspects never has been described in all the answers, instead everybody
proceeded immediately to explain solutions for never mentioned
implementation flaws :-(

My only point is the impact on the order of input files. When two source
modules have the following uses clauses:
   A: uses X, Y;
   B: uses Y, X;
then the order of X and Y in the fpdoc inputs can not satisfy both
requirements at the same time. That's all.

As you already pointed out, this requires that the search order depends
on the order in the uses clauses, but lacking information about the
current implementation I cannot help you out with more practical
suggestions.

DoDi