[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 13:26:09 CET 2012

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>
>> michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

>>> It does, see the explanation of Marco.
>>
>> I still don't understand this requirement, and how documentation
>> writers should establish the correct order :-(
>
> Simple.
>
> The same order as the compiler uses: it is 100% determined by the uses
> clause.

How is that related to documentation and the order of input files?

When every module can have a different order of the used units, how
should this be reflected in an fpdoc commandline or project?

> Why is this so surprising ? How do you think the lazarus codetools
> manage this ? Exactly the same way. It's not black magic, but very
> deterministic.

Please don't blame the users, and don't remove useful functionality like
--input-dir, when the bug resides in the documentation generator, and
cannot be cured by ordering the input files :-(

DoDi