[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jan 27 12:44:41 CET 2012

In our previous episode, Mattias Gaertner said:

> >[...]
> > For the --input-dir there is an extra reason: the order of files is important.
> > Just like in the compiler, which must compile dependent units first, fpdoc
> > should first document dependent units. It currently does not know how to do
> > this by itself.
>
> Contrary to the compiler the fpdoc files can refer freely to each other.
> Is the above "should first document dependent units" your preference
> or is there really a reason?
> What if I need an alphabetical or logical order (e.g. the most
> important at top)?

The parsing order and the order in the overview pages should then be
decoupled (e.g. by a sorting event that is configurable)

The parsing order is mandatory even. I still have to research the
consequences for latex. The latex backend currently doesn't seem to suffer from
order problems which is probably means it is vulnerable to duplicate
identifiers.

The html backend however isn't free from this, but has the limitation that
it only suffers from duplicate identifiers wrt already parsed units and .xct
modules.