[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 12:07:22 CET 2012

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

> As I said before:
>
> Neither --input-dir nor --descr-dir will be put in the fpdoc
> implementation.

What are you talking about? They are already in fpdoc :-)

> I don't see the problem of having to specify all files that are part of the
> project explicitly. Make does it, Lazarus does it, Delphi does it, Visual
> Studio does it. All require you to specify exactly which files should be
> there when compiling, and rightly so.

Millions of flies ...? ;-)

Look e.g. at the generation of the LCL docs, which I already used as the
test case for my fpdoc updates.

> For the --input-dir there is an extra reason: the order of files is
> important.
> Just like in the compiler, which must compile dependent units first, fpdoc
> should first document dependent units. It currently does not know how to
> do this by itself.

Again, what are you talking about? FPDoc doesn't require a special order
of input files, neither source nor documentation files :-)

DoDi