[fpc-devel] On a port of Free Pascal to the IBM 370

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 18 10:05:38 CET 2012

AFAI learned:
I suppose the code generator should be doable, regarding that there
already are several supported CPUs. At least a working compiler might
come into existence in a decent amount of time, adding optimizations is
another project.

OTOH I suppose that a porting the RTL to a mainframe OS will not be easy
and without this the compiler is quite useless.

Is there a Java virtual machine for zSystem ?

Maybe using the currently evolving FPC for Java target might be another
way to go.

-Michael