[fpc-devel] Closures

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 15 18:08:57 CET 2012

On 15.01.2012 16:56, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 15.01.2012 16:45, schrieb ik:
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 17:38, Florian Klämpfl<florian at freepascal.org
>> <mailto:florian at freepascal.org>>  wrote:
>>
>>      Am 15.01.2012 16:26, schrieb Blaise Thorn:
>>      >  My question is: how the work should be organised? Should a
>>      separate SVN
>>      >  branch be created for this?
>>
>>      The best is to create an svn branch. See private mail.
>>

>> ‎The best way is to use distributed version control imho.
>> Git, hg etc provide the ability to store the changes locally and push
>> them also to remote places.
>
> Yes, and probably pushed somewhere nobody notices or lost with the next
> hd crash because never pushed. Having it in the central fpc svn
> repository allows everybody to review it what e.g. I try to do with
> every commit to the central fpc svn repository.

Well... at least for me the use of Git (together with Git-SVN) provided
the possibility for me to commit code while on the train (I have a data
flatrate only since August and even then doing a SVN commit or update
while on the train is sometimes not the best ^^) [also I didn't want to
sync every night when at home, because often I'd simply forget that ;) ]

Regards,
Sven