[fpc-devel] cannot compile fpc 2.6.0 for mips

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 09:42:04 CET 2012

Florian Klämpfl wrote:

>> Anybody know which version of fpc supports mips the best?
>
> trunk, however mips was never in a working state in svn.

The basic compiler works and some of the RTL compiles, but the tweaks
necessary are highly tentative since I don't fully understand e.g. the
subtleties of some of the CG defines and are only described at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems since I've not
asked anybody to commit the changes.

I've worked through some of the stuff but have stalled at the assembler
reader, which forced me off onto an exercise of reading up on the MIPS
ABI etc. whence I never really returned.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk