[fpc-devel] Pointer cache for fast class/pointer access.

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Jan 6 12:19:15 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Marcos Douglas schrieb:
>

>>> Delphi (now) provides Records with methods, but these lack inheritance.
>>> Why
>>> introduce such a crippled construct, when Objects can do the same and
>>> more
>>> (virtual methods...).
>>

>> +1
>> But more about Object type, what do you think to use Object to group
>> routines instead of using procedure/functions, as a 'namespace' to not
>> use the unit name as a prefix?
>

> Just this morning I had to move some methods out of a class, so that they
> could be used without an instance. IMO it's a bad idea to bind any
> general-purpose identifier to an artificial container (namespace...).

Why?
Using an identifier (unit class object, or it) is better to reduce
name conflicts, do not you think? The code also become more organized,
IMHO.

Other way that people most do is using one or two letter to prefix (I
use too) but you have to repeat the prefixes in all
procedures/functions.

Marcos Douglas