[fpc-devel] TMultiReadExclusiveWriteSynchronizer

David Jenkins david at scootersoftware.com
Thu Feb 16 23:56:27 CET 2012

Under Delphi if the TMultiReadExclusiveWriteSynchronizer writelock is
held a read is not blocked if the ThreadID for the read is the same as
the ThreadID for the write.  Under FreePascal if writelock is held the
read is always blocked regardless of ThreadID or anything else
(implemented in the BeginRead method).

I have some third party code that assumes that
TMultiReadExclusiveWriteSynchronizer will work as it does in Delphi.  I
am wondering if the freepascal implementation is purposeful (read block
even when in same thread is intentional) and I should talk to my third
party vendor.  Or if this is something that could/should be addressed in
FreePascal.

Thanks

David Jenkins
Scooter Software