[fpc-devel] Re: Closures -- Unrelated fixes

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Feb 2 10:47:56 CET 2012

On 02 Feb 2012, at 09:06, Blaise Thorn wrote:

> On 02.02.2012 1:46, Blaise Thorn wrote:
>
>> For know, I am here for a different request: I reckon that small
>> fixes, especially those not directly related to closures, ought to
>> be submitted separately.
>
> Or I could create something like http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/blaise/misc
>  and ask for its periodical reintegration into the trunk. The only
> tricky part with SVN, as I understand, is to "reopen" such branch
> after every reintegration.

The easiest way for us would be if you could file a bug report for
every independent patch (with a test program). Your proposed misc
branch is also possible,  but in that case make sure to also add test
programs when fixing things. Re-syncing it with trunk after merging
should be no problem as long as nobody changes the indentation of your
patches or so.

Jonas