[fpc-devel] FPC compiler architecture documentation

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 30 22:20:26 CEST 2012

Am 30.08.2012 13:42, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> In our previous episode, Graeme Geldenhuys said:
>> I found this old PDF documenting the FPC compiler architecture. I
>> remember in recent years others attempted to do a similar thing. I don't
>> know how accurate this PDF still is, considering it is based on FPC
>> v1.x,
>
> Not really I think.
>
> I converted it from the original word document to latex/pdf. The source
> is in fpcdocs/internal directory
> http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/internal/?root=docs
>
> Still waiting for sb to actualize it.

While it still might an interesting reading for somebody not involved in
the compiler development I doubt it's usefulness. It requires a lot of
work of some of the compiler developers but I doubt that a good
developer needs such a document to get into the compiler so updating the
document is wasted time in the sense of bringing the compiler forward.