[fpc-devel] Unicode resource strings

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:23:44 CEST 2012

Am 22.08.2012 11:44, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
>>> Objects (or whatever) seem to get reference counted and thus I
>>> understand ".Free" gets obsolete (like with Prism). Without assessment -
>>> this is a huge move for a native code compiler. If FPC will follow, this
>>> sounds like a lot of work.
>>
>> Depending on how they implement it this might indeed be an interesting
>> feature that we could implement (cherry picking Delphi features ^^).
>
> Probably it will remain limited to firemonkey. Note that the announcements
> says it is for mobile.

They specifically mention this is context of the frontend (see below
quotation), so I'd say this will in general become part of the Delphi
language (I don't think that they'll implement "target specific"
language feature).

=== quote begin ===

The Delphi language front-end is being enhanced to deliver apps suited
for mobile devices by adding memory management features such as
automatic reference counting.

=== quote end ===

Regards,
Sven