[fpc-devel] Unicode resource strings

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Aug 21 13:01:30 CEST 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:12:03 +0500
Ivanko B <ivankob4mse2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because these documents are in UTF-8 parsing is about 2-3
>  times faster on these documents, searching is about 20 to 50% faster
> =============
> Because You name is latin ANSISTRING "Mattias Gaertner"  :)

Actually my name is Gärtner.
The texts are mostly Latin, Arabic and Hebrew. They are smaller in
UTF-8 because xml has lots of English tags.

> But Imagine gigabytes of 4 bytes/char UTF-8 text.

I gave you an example where UTF-8 is better. I already wrote there
are good examples for every Unicode encoding, including UTF-16.

Please stop telling UTF-16 is always
faster/better/smaller/safer/whatever than UTF-8.

Mattias