[fpc-devel] Unicode resource strings

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:34:50 CEST 2012

On 20 August 2012 11:36, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> I don't agree, and frankly I think it is ridiculous. Compatibility is what
> brought the projects so far (and fact is that you yourself were asking about
> compatibility only a few days ago)

Yes, I gave FPC 2.7.1 the benefit of the doubt... And what did my
little experiment prove? That FPC is not nearly compatible enough with
even a D2009 project - that's a Delphi version that is 4 years old,
and within a month superseded by yet another new Delphi version.
Year-on-Year the "delphi compatibility" is getting more and more
outdated. So stop drumming about the "delphi compatibility" when it
doesn't exist, other to a 10 year old obsolete Delphi version.

And even with your "delphi compatibility" drumming, nobody is moving
to FPC from Delphi any more, now that Delphi is again seeing some
development work being done by its latest owner. Yes and that even
includes you.

Anyway, I would have loved to take this for a few more rounds in
fpc-other, but I'm a bit busy at the moment.

  - Graeme -