[fpc-devel] FPC 2.7.1 r22088 fails with compiler error in fpdoc.

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Aug 16 09:50:58 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 09:37 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> You must do a "make cycle" in the main or compiler directory, with as
> a starting compiler version 2.6.0.
Never heard of this one =-O
What does it do ?

> Usually, I do a
>  make cycle PP=ppcx64-2.6.0

should I PP the compiler to be used to compile fpc ?

Right now, for compiling I do

make clean all FPC=/usr/local/bin/fpc

and

/usr/local/bin/fpc   is
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.7.1 [2012/07/16] for i386

Some time ago I used a dedicated (old) version of fpc to compile fpc,
but after this did not work any more, I updated my script to use the
most recent version I was able to compile.

Is this wrong ? Should I (like in former times) d/l a released version
(2.6.0) and install it somewhere in a separate directory ?

Thanks a lot,
-Michael