[fpc-devel] supported compiler versions for building stable releases.

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sun Aug 12 23:44:13 CEST 2012

I have long understood that each stable release of freepascal is made to
be compilable with the previous release but at a quick glance at the
website I couldn't seem to spot any official statement of this. Is it
indeed "supported" to compile a stable release with the previous stable
release and if so is there a statement of this anywhere.

I ask because i've been helping someone in debian who is trying to
convince another compiler (for a totally different language) to adopt a
similar policy.