[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Sep 13 14:48:08 CEST 2011

On 09/13/2011 01:22 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Don't insult people when you clearly don't have any experience
> whatsoever in working with them.
Sorry if I sounded impolite. I did not at all mean to insult them. On
the contrary I praise them for their exceptional work !

I only wanted to state that it does not make much sense to try to have
specific additional features included in gdb to improve it's usability
with FPC.

> The gdb people have always been extremely helpful to Pierre, Joost and
> me whenever we had any questions whatsoever about how to add certain
> Pascal-specific functionality to gdb. And the gcc people have added a
> DWARF identifier for the i386 Borland calling convention in a header
> file that's imported by gdb so that it would be possible to add
> support for it to gdb (even though gcc does not support it in any way).
If we could really hope for this, I would vote for a gdb extension
instead of creating a completely new debugger from scratch .

-Michael