[fpc-devel] Project Idea: Mini-FPC

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 11 13:51:52 CEST 2011

P5 is also in an unusuable state.

It should not be allowed to write code as follows:

repeat

if a < b then
begin

end

until a < b;

^ This code should produce an error becomes end is not ended with a semicolon –> ;

This confuses Delphi’s source beautifier, which could be seen as a short coming in Delphi’s source beautifier.

I take indentation very seriously.

Code with spaces is high risk of indentation mistakes.

The P5 code is not properly indented.

The risk of a indentation mistake (editing the wrong begin/end) is huge so I am not going to spent any further time on it.

Until perhaps a source beautifier can correct the situation.

But since the code is now probably undocumented

The code does silly things like:

end (* some comment *) ;

^ semi colon at the back ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

One little missing semi colon like that and all hell breaks loose, very unwise to write code like that.

Better is to write:

end; (* some comment *)

This coding style is probably what causes some kind of indentation problem for the source beautifier.

I fail to see how I could make sense of “proper identation” of an automated tool cannot ?!?

Bye,
  Skybuck.