[fpc-devel] bug report 20473: Please add a directive to define string=utf8string

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:28:56 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think he ment that if such a feature is introduced it would be a natural
> conclusion to define "string = unicodestring" on Windows and "string =
> utf8string" for Unix in the RTL and the FCL

? I am totally lost as to what this has to do with my proposal. My
proposal is to add a minimum facility to port UTF-8 based code which
makes heavy use of the "string" keyword. It says nothing about which
string the RTL should use.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho