[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Nov 29 11:48:30 CET 2011

On Tue, November 29, 2011 10:42, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
>>
>>> Unfortunately there remain some problems, e.g. the FPC documentation
>>> cannot
>>> be created on Windows, what is one reason for the extended project
>>> option,
>>> but doesn't allow me to debug this feature with real life projects
>>> (RTL...).
>>
>> A "make -n rtl.chk > test.txt" succeeded, at least. Now I suspect some
>> Windows or RTL commandline limitations, which seem to truncate the long
>> command lines created by the scripts (4890 chars for rtl.chk).
>
> This is a problem of windows, yes.
 .
 .

The current limit of the default MS Windows shell is 8 kB according to
information found on Microsoft pages (among others). Are those 4890
characters mentioned above Unicode (UTF-16) characters (thus breaking the
limit)? Anyway, it might be possible to use a different command shell not
imposing such a limit, but that obviously requires installation of
additional software and thus may not be a completely general solution.

Tomas