[fpc-devel] Unicode proceedings

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:48:10 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> Why should a type that is capable of holding multiple different UTF
> encodings be called "ANSIString". IMHO this is very contra-intuitive.

Yes, I have to agree here. It seams that my understanding in the
Unicode discussions was plagued by the moto which was repeated to
death in the last decade: Ansistring holds a string in the system
encoding.

And now very recently I found out that this is no longer valid in 2.7,
ansistring can be configured to hold a UTF-8 value in a valid and
supported way, and this changes a lot of things to me.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho