[fpc-devel] rev 19036 breaks the Android cross-compiler

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 15 21:06:14 CET 2011

Am 15.11.2011 16:02, schrieb Jonas Maebe:

> On 15 Nov 2011, at 15:57, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:51 PM,  <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be>
>> wrote:
>>> So it's probably a lot easier to just IFDEF with a -DANDROID or
>>> so, and recompile the linux target specifically for android.
>>
>> I had already proposed this previously and Jonas rejected it
>
> I was opposed to adding {$ifdef android} stuff to the Linux rtl and
> then letting people compile the Linux rtl with this define for
> Android (there are already enough different ARM-Linux variants that
> cause confusion). Having a separate Android target that reuses files
> from the Linux directory and adding defines for that is fine (all
> Unix rtls share files that way).

I dn't know if this is a good long term solution: I fear too much
duplication with having a seperate android target. I'd prefer an
FPC_ANDROID define, I don't think that it will pollute the rtl and
considering that there are a lot of arm "sub architectures" out there
having an own target for each of them isn't a good idea either. Maybe we
can even introduce some SUBARCH in the long term into our build system.