[fpc-devel] Updated FPC JVM snapshot

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Nov 7 12:39:41 CET 2011

On 07 Nov 2011, at 12:21, Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:

> TextRec uses THandle for everything, I assume it can be used to
> store a pointer to an object (or whatever Java uses for files),
> since in Java everything is
> an object anyway ?

Yes (once THandle is added to the JVM RTL and it is defined to Pointer
or JLObject, at least :). It's generally a PrintStream: http://download.oracle.com/javase/1,5.0/docs/api/java/lang/System.html#out

There is however some functionality (e.g. writestr with ansistring)
that uses the UserData byte array to store a pointer, which won't work
on the JVM target. Some extra classes will also have to be moved from
the jdk15 unit to the system unit to implement the functionality.

Jonas