[fpc-devel] Problem with Now() and time changed by ntpd

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:43:56 CET 2011

On Wednesday 02 November 2011 17.13:49 Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Yes, the result slower, but it's also correct (as in "it makes sure
> that the actual local time is returned"). Just like all UTF-16 code in
> the RTL is slower than what Martin Schreiber would like, and we didn't
> change it to UCS-2 when he asked to do so for speed reasons.

???
I never asked this. I asked not to use new code page aware stringtype instead
of pre cpstrnew UnicodeString, not to use 16 bit strings in component names
and the like and not to use non ASCII characters in RTTI and Pascal
identifiers.
I fully agree with your argumentation about Now(). MSEgui already has a
nowutc() function, I'll add nowlocal() which will use mselibc on Linux.

Martin