[fpc-devel] Problem with Now() and time changed by ntpd

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Nov 2 15:59:45 CET 2011

On Wednesday 02 of November 2011 15:47:46 michael at freepascal.org wrote:
Ok, let's finish this thread.

1.Now() works as it is - it's even twice faster now since extra fptime call is
avoided (so an + from this  thread) :)

2.Programmer (me in this example) need something to re-read timezone, so Now()
can adjust time - please merge your ReReadTimeZone() to 2.4.5 and 2.6.0.
Also, documentation should be updated with this routine.
If somebody needs accurate time in his timezone, let him call ReReadTimeZone()
whenever. eg. I'll call it every day at some time after 03:00 so who cares ...

3.Issue can be resolved in that case, Now() behaviour isn't changed, it's only
faster.

4.If kernel clock_gettime() is really twice slower than gettimeodday, then use
gettimeofday until it's completely removed from some future kernel, if not ,
change it to use clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME).

zeljko