[fpc-devel] test suite, problem with missing libraries on the target

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Fri May 27 14:56:45 CEST 2011

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 23 May 2011, at 11:49, Bernd Mueller wrote:
>
>> I am running the test suite with remote execution (from a Windows
>> host) on an ARM-Linux target. Some test programs fail at runtime,
>> because they depend on libraries, which were not automatically copied
>> to the target. For example:
>>
>>   Failed to run test/tlib1b.pp 2011/01/21 18:06:08 (16)
>>   /mnt/tlib1b: can't load library 'libtlib1a.so'
>>
>> My target has very low resources so that I can not run the test suite
>> directly on the target. How can my problem be solved?
>
> Maybe you are using TEST_DELTEMP=1? If so, remove it if you have enough
> disk space on the remote target. Most test sources that are later on
> used by other tests don't contain the necessary { %neededafter }
> directive, so they are immediately deleted even when they are still
> required later
>
> Alternatively, you can submit a patch that adds { %neededafter } to all
> affected tests).

I have enough FLASH memory, so I am not using TEST_DELTEMP=1. I had a
look into the test suite source and I think, that the test suite is not
able to copy the libraries to the target.

I attached a small patch, which could be a solution for the problem. I
am using the parameter of the %needlibrary directive to get the
information, which library should be copied. For example in tlib1b.pp,
the directive is expanded to { %needlibrary=tlib1a }. This works for me.

If you think, this patch could be the right way to copy the libraries, I
would submit a second patch which expands all required %needlibrary
directives.

Regards, Bernd.