[fpc-devel] fppkg question

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat May 14 21:02:34 CEST 2011

On May 14, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 13:18 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>>> What is the alternative then? Any suggestion?
>>
>> Never mind. I fixed it myself. Rev 17440.
>
> I don't like the 'laz_list' exception in pkghandler.pp. I don't want any
> third-party-dependent code in fppkg. And binding on a specific name
> isn't fine either. fppkg should be for general use, if you need
> something special, use an add-in.
> In this case it is probably also possible to come up with another
> solution. (why is it for, anyway?)

As far as I found, the "list" action get's cached in the ExecuteActions and if found the action is not executed, but rather the action is ignored. While perfectly suitable for fppkg which is only run once though and then exits, the GUI version stays active and can run the same actions multiple times.  This makes me think that I should probably create a Laz_ExecuteAction procedure and keep the original procedure in tact. I will create a patch for it.

Regards, Darius