[fpc-devel] Macro Processing

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sat May 14 17:38:27 CEST 2011

Am 14.05.2011 17:30, schrieb Joerg Schuelke:
> Am Sat, 14 May 2011 17:04:45 +0200
> schrieb Joerg Schuelke <joerg.schuelke at gmx.de>:
>

>> I repeat, I have really nothing against RTTI, but I state that it
>> comes from a high level language extension.
>>
> By the way this RTTI thing comes from the argument: Do not use a
> macro, instead do it this way. But this forces me to use RTTI, which is
> possibly not what I want.

Then you should use C ;) RTTI is something which makes life easier and
prevents mistakes.

> Most of the arguments against macros where of this kind.
>
> You can do it an other way, using ...
>
> But this way I can show you even OOP is useless :) what I do not
> believe.

True. But the point is: macros are something rendering code easily
unreadable if used wrong and this is not true for OOP. And remember:
pascal should always prevent you from shooting yourself into the foot
(e.g. from
http://www.fullduplex.org/humor/2006/10/how-to-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-in-any-programming-language/).