[fpc-devel] Declare variables inside the code

Joerg Schuelke joerg.schuelke at gmx.de
Wed May 11 17:50:12 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 11 May 2011 16:56:38 +0200
schrieb Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org>:

> to get a node tree at a particular place. Having this in macros
> everywhere makes imo no sense because one would gets an incredible
> amount of data.

OK, to make it concrete, I refer to an level driven debug system
commonly used for example in the kernel sources. Lower level messages
at procedure entry point, higher level output for complicated stuff.

Switched by DBGLEV:=3 for example. Programming in C I usually have a
stack of debug levels, so I can for example code:

DBGPUSH(4);
  call to whatever;
DBGPOP;

and all that stuff vanishes with -dNODEBUG.